One of the elite food and beverage flooring contractors in the country today, Surface Solutions, Inc. is also distinguished in the flooring industry as a women-owned business.
Women-owned companies are a rapidly growing sector of the U.S. economy. With close to 9 million employees, 11.6 million businesses led by women are generating impressive revenue – $1.7 trillion in 2017.
More and more top-level women owners and executives are making advances in non-traditional markets like the concrete flooring industry. They bring a fresh perspective and a wealth of new ideas and techniques to typically male-dominated business by mastering best-of-class practices while thinking outside the traditional box.
More women are launching small businesses than men like never before. In 2017, companies led by female management grew by 18%. They also don’t stay small for long. Women entrepreneurs bring real-world experience to their companies’ specific fields of expertise. Companies that choose to work with a female-run operation can leverage benefits often found nowhere else.
5 Advantages of Hiring Women-Owned Businesses
Are you wondering what a women-owned company has to offer you? We are happy you ask.
- Diversity – Female-led businesses help you meet your company’s diversity quotas. You go with the best resource for the job, not just male-run firms.
- Tax Benefits – The government offers incentives to companies that hire a diversified workforce and services. Women and minority-run businesses qualify for these deductions.
- Innovative Practices – Women-owned firms often take a chance on cutting-edge technology and techniques. They are willing to find new ways to approach standard service in their industry.
- Value-Based Decisions – Because breaking into male-dominated fields is a challenge, they often have minimum guidance from industry insiders. Women-owned businesses must define their core values early. Their company’s mission statement is based on these standards and dictates how they work with clients and other industry members.
- Unified Team – Women-owned companies practice inclusivity more than male-dominated They seek their employees’ opinions and insights on how to meet specific goals. A team-oriented work ethic is encouraged.
The Many Advantages of Hiring Surface Solutions, Inc.
- Women-owned Surface Solutions, Inc. is an award-winning industry leader in the installation of seamless resinous flooring systems designed for industrial and decorative applications.
- We are a recipient of the prestigious BASF Performance Flooring UCRETE® Master Contractor Awardfor seven consecutive years and counting. Top Ucrete Master Contractor status is reserved for only the best installers in the industry -and only a few flooring contractors in the United States- who consistently provide you with optimal flooring solutions and quality service in partnership with BASF. It’s a testament to the hard work, depth of knowledge and high standards of our consultants and installation teams.
- We also enjoy a mutually beneficial partnership with Flowcrete Americasas a Flowcrete STAR Contractor, after completing elite training on the latest resin flooring installation techniques, including cementitious urethane, methyl methacrylate (MMA) and other specialty resin chemistries, health and safety guidelines set out by the Occupational Safety & Health Administration, floor installation project management, installation proficiency testing and certification.
- We are a specialist in high-performance flooring for the food and beverage industry, with Fortune 500 name-brand companies as repeat customers.
- We have built a reputation for providing top-quality concrete preparation, installation and fast turnaround to our customers. We did this through hard work and a commitment to excellence. We are continually training to stay at the forefront of innovative techniques in our concrete work and business practices.
- We use a full line of non-toxic, safe and environmentally friendly urethane concrete and seamless epoxy flooring systems designed to create high-performance floors for your business. In addition to other top-name suppliers in the industry, Surface Solutions works in partnership with Sherwin Williams.
- Headquartered in Indiana, we provide flooring solutions nationwide, with emphasis on Indianapolis; Chicago, Illinois; Cincinnati, Ohio; Louisville, Kentucky and the surrounding
Wave of the Future
Women CEOs in the concrete flooring industry are smashing glass ceilings and contributing to new business trends. Research shows the U.S. construction industry in particular is enriched by supporting small businesses. For instance, women-owned construction companies have more than doubled since the 1990. The U.S. Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program, designed to assist small business participation in public projects, requires general contractors to allocate a certain percentage of work to DBEs. For 40 years and counting, federal contractors are required to commit 6.9% of total construction work hours on federal projects to women.
What works for women-owned businesses in the concrete flooring and construction industries is their knowledge gained from real-world and hands-on experiences with the market, the product and the customer base. Backed by years of experience, Surface Solutions’ industry-specific experts guide you in the selection of the best flooring product for the unique needs of your environment.
ABOUT SURFACE SOLUTIONS, INC.
Recognized as a top UCRETE® Master Contractor since 2012, Surface Solutions, Inc. is a women-owned independent industrial floor contractor specializing in seamless, polymer flooring systems utilizing the most trusted brands in the industry. As a Flowcrete STAR Contractor, Surface Solutions, Inc. is a leading provider of industrial flooring solutions for the Food & Beverage industry. From testing to consultation and complete installation services, Surface Solutions is your premier source of non-toxic, safe and environmentally friendly flooring systems, offering turnkey installations using only in-house personnel. All installations come with a complete single source warranty. To learn more about how Surface Solutions can help provide the highest quality industrial flooring solutions for your business, contact us today!