Do you have a concrete floor in a showroom, a central lobby, a big box store or another area that gets a lot of traffic, yet you want that floor to shine?
Start thinking about concrete polishing for your business.
Concrete polishing performs well where you have a lot of heavy foot traffic, but still need the strength to withstand constant movement of heavy items. It’s a technique used to give a standard concrete floor that glossy look.
Superior Durability, No-Wax Performance of Polished Concrete
Concrete polishing is a multi-step process that transforms old, worn concrete surfaces into attractive floors. We are also grinding new concrete floors to a high-gloss finish that never needs waxes or coatings. The non-porous surface and high gloss finish of polished concrete offer:
- Exceptional durability
- Positive impact resistance
- Peeling resistance
- Easy cleaning
More retail, warehouse and office facilities are opting for polished concrete flooring as an alternative to marble, granite, tile, linoleum or coated concrete. Concrete polishing can often be seen superstores like Lowe’s, Menards and Home Depot. Retail environments such as showrooms, car dealerships and department stores as well as manufacturing and pharmaceutical facilities are ideal for the use of polished concrete surfaces. The smooth, high-luster floors replicate the look of polished stone.
Multi-Step Process Offers Versatility
The multi-step process of concrete polishing allows you to choose the level of sheen, from satin to high-gloss, that meets your maintenance and aesthetic requirements. This versatility makes polished concrete an ideal flooring material for a variety of applications.
Choosing a Professional Concrete Polishing Contractor
When talking to industrial flooring specialists about your concrete polishing project, make sure they know:
- the basic steps in the polishing process, the differences between wet and dry polishing and the advantages of polished concrete compared with other flooring materials including carpeting, wood, ceramic tile, natural stone and vinyl tile;
- how to prepare concrete surfaces before polishing to ensure good results;
- how to improve the slip-resistance of polished concrete floors;
- the environmentally friendly attributes of polished concrete;
- popular design options for polished concrete, including coloring with stains and dyes and decorative effects;
- instructions for cleaning and maintaining polished concrete; and
- what factors affect the final price of installing polished concrete floors.
ABOUT SURFACE SOLUTIONS, INC.
Recognized as a top UCRETE® Master Contractor since 2012, Surface Solutions, Inc. is an independent industrial floor contractor specializing in seamless, polymer flooring systems utilizing the most trusted brands in the industry. As a Flowcrete STAR Contractor, Surface Solutions, Inc. is a leading provider of industrial flooring solutions for the Food & Beverage industry. From testing to consultation and complete installation services, Surface Solutions is your premiere source of non-toxic, safe and environmentally friendly flooring systems, offering turnkey installations using only in-house personnel. All installations come with a complete single source warranty. To learn more about how Surface Solutions can help provide the highest quality industrial flooring solutions for your business, contact us today!