Inside an aircraft hangar at Offutt Air Force Base outside Omaha, Nebraska sits the world’s most recognizable airplane, Air Force One. A Boeing 747-200B aircraft weighs 375,100 lbs., stretches over 225 feet in length and is used as the flying command center for the President of the United States. Coming up with a surface designed specifically to handle the weight and size of Air Force One takes superior skill, and Surface Solutions is up to the job, installing a unique epoxy flooring solution for the massive hangar that houses it.
“Aviation and aerospace facilities are built to protect state-of-the art aviation vehicles. The hardworking industrial flooring and wall systems need to stand up to the impact of heavy machinery and foot traffic while being easy to clean and maintain.
The floor on which the President’s Air Force One sits must also be of the highest quality, resistant to dirt, germs and scuff marks. The epoxy flooring must meet the standards of this high office and we accomplish this – all of our epoxy flooring installations do.
Floor Safety Line Striping
Surfaces in aerospace facilities as well as manufacturing plants rely on floor color, texture and signage to highlight safe working zones and walkways. Recently, Surface Solutions’ yellow safety-line-striped epoxy floors at Carrier Corporation’s air conditioning and refrigeration facility in Indianapolis, Indiana get a cameo during a televised presidential visit. We provide flooring solutions to a wide range of clients, from manufacturing to food and beverage companies, and it’s always a thrill to see them get presidential treatment on live TV!
Epoxy Flooring Stands Up Under Harsh Conditions
Seamless epoxy flooring stands up to the most demanding industrial environments. It protects the concrete substrate beneath and prevents toxic chemicals from leaching into the groundwater. It is the ideal solution for use in warehouses, food and beverage plants and aviation facilities.
Benefits of Epoxy Concrete Flooring
- Easy to clean – Washes with soap and water. There is no need for bleach.
- Non-porous and seamless – Does not harbor bacteria or dirt.
- Durable – With proper maintenance, it can last for years.
- Attractive – Comes in a variety of colors and textures. The high-gloss shine makes it a favorite for public spaces and high traffic areas.
- Chemical resistant – Impervious to toxic solutions, acids, alkalis and harsh solvents.
- Improves safety – It is non-slip, impact, heat and fire resistant.
- Environmentally friendly – Non-toxic, perfect solution for a company going green.
- Quick, easy application – Self-leveling. Can be installed over existing concrete floors or new surfaces.
- Affordable, cost–efficient – Due to its long life-span and easy upkeep, epoxy flooring is a very economical choice for businesses.
ABOUT SURFACE SOLUTIONS, INC.
Recognized as a top UCRETE® Master Contractor since 2012, Surface Solutions is an independent industrial floor contractor specializing in seamless, polymer flooring systems utilizing the most trusted brands in the industry. As a Flowcrete STAR Contractor, Surface Solutions is a leading provider of industrial flooring solutions for the Food & Beverage industry. From testing to consultation and complete installation services, Surface Solutions is your premier source of non-toxic, safe and environmentally friendly flooring systems, offering turnkey installations using only in-house personnel. All installations come with a complete single source warranty. To learn more about how Surface Solutions can help provide the highest quality industrial flooring solutions for your business, contact us today!