By 2020, the global concrete flooring systems market will be worth an estimated $1.1 billion.
In the next four years, expect a boom in the concrete flooring systems market. A recent report by Transparency Market Research (TMR) suggests that the worldwide market for concrete floor coatings could increase from an estimated $745.8 million to $1.1 billion by the end of 2020 – that’s a compound annual growth rate of 6.8%. This upward trend is primarily fueled by the growing construction industry as world economies continue to develop. The market share and reach is growing at a rapid pace, as consumers and builders are realizing the benefits of concrete flooring systems.
The TMR report evaluates the market based on Porter’s five forces model, which analyzes the degree of competition in the market by considering factors such as the bargaining power of buyers and suppliers, and threat from substitute products and new entrants.
Key Report Findings
Demand for concrete floor coatings driven by more informed consumers
Today’s facilities managers and processing plant owner/operators are more knowledgeable about the benefits of concrete coatings and flooring systems. Concrete floor coatings serve the purpose of protecting concrete floors from chemical attack, thermal shock, abrasion and other work-related factors of production and processing environments in the food and beverage, pharmaceutical, chemical processing and other industries that require high performance industrial flooring solutions. In addition, concrete coatings make floors extremely resistant against wear and tear, heat and other factors.
Certain factors will affect price and availability
Although the future appears promising for concrete floor coating sales, raw material availability and prices could affect production levels for concrete floor coatings. Considering that different end-users use different types of products, prices of concrete floor coatings vary across each region.
The global concrete floor coatings market is segmented on the basis of product, application and region
Concrete Floor Coatings Market – Product Segment
- Polyaspartics/ Two-Part Polymer Systems (Urethane Concrete, etc.)
- Other (including Acrylic, Polyurethane, etc.)
Concrete Floor Coatings Market – Application Segment
- Outdoor (garages, walkways, pathways, driveways, patios, etc.)
- Indoor (floor coating systems for commercial and residential spaces)
Concrete Floor Coatings Market – Regional Segment
- The concrete floor coatings market is segmented based on geography into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Rest of the World.
- According to research analysts, North America dominates the global market for concrete floor coatings.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing regional segment of the global concrete floor coatings market. Experts have attributed the booming demand from this region to the growing construction industry and increasing awareness about the advantages floor coatings provide to buildings. This region will grow in terms of both production and consumption in the coming years, and has motivated several manufacturers in the region to increase their production capacities.
- Europe will also show a positive growth trend in the global concrete floor coatings market.
Manufacturers profiled in this report are Surface Solutions partners
Surface Solutions enjoys mutually beneficial partnerships with exceptional flooring suppliers BASF SE and Sherwin-Williams, two companies profiled in this report. Others include DSM, RPM International Inc., The Valspar Corporation and PPG Industries.
Get a free quote from Surface Solutions today to find out more how you can start planning your high performance industrial flooring project.
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing quantitative forecasting, trend analysis, reports and services for thousands of companies and decision makers around the world. TMR’s experienced team of analysts, researchers and consultants use proprietary data sources, tools and techniques to gather and analyze information. Access the entire report here.
ABOUT SURFACE SOLUTIONS
Recognized as a top UCRETE® Master Contractor since 2012, Surface Solutions is an independent industrial floor contractor specializing in seamless, polymer flooring systems utilizing the most trusted brands in the industry. From testing to consultation and complete installation services, Surface Solutions is your premiere source of non-toxic, safe and environmentally friendly flooring systems, offering turnkey installations using only in-house personnel. All installations come with a complete single source warranty. We have two locations to serve you: Our home office at 5693 W. 73rd Street in Indianapolis; Phone: 866-858-4080 and our regional office at 2915 W. Armitage Ave Suite 1 in Chicago; Phone: 773-645-9000. Learn more at SurfaceSolutionsUSA.com.