As a leader and an expert in the flooring industry, Surface Solutions has been installing resinous flooring surfaces for over 30 years. We enjoy partnerships with the best manufacturers of specialty resin flooring in the industry as well, like BASF-Selby/UCRETE, Sherwin-Williams, and Flowcrete.
Resinous flooring from Surface Solutions consists of applying a base of resinous material to concrete, creating a smooth, non-porous flooring surface. Used in new construction as well as remodeling projects in commercial and industrial facilities, resinous flooring is cost-effective, durable, meets a variety of safety and overall performance standards as well as aesthetic design goals.
Three Materials of Resinous Flooring
Epoxy -A copolymer derived from two or more monomers, epoxy is formed from two different chemicals, referred to as the resin, or compound, and the hardener or activator.
Polyurethane -Polyurethane polymers are formed by combining two bi- or higher functional monomers.
Acrylic (MMA) -Acrylic resin is a general term for any one of the plastics generated through chemical reaction by applying polymerization initiator and heat to a monomer. Methyl methacrylate (MMA) is a transparent, colorless fluid substance that must be properly ventilated during application.
Typically, resinous flooring is cast or poured in place through the strategic mix of materials, then cured or allowed to set, building strength and durability. Advantages include:
- Clean-ability -with no joins or seams, it does not harbor bacteria; no buffing or waxing required
- Safety –available in different textures for a positive anti-slip resistance
- Resistance to chemicals –especially in manufacturing, automotive
- Durability –exceptionally long-wearing
- Crack resistant -unlike ceramic or quarry tile
- Design versatility -available in a range of colors and textures and customizable
- Low-cost –compared to terrazzo, high-grade carpeting, VCT, rubberized terrazzo and non-formulated vinyl.
Surface Solutions provides expert consultation and installation, and a full line of resinous flooring solutions in addition to other industrial flooring systems. We are committed to 100% customer satisfaction on every project.