As a leader and an expert in the flooring industry, Surface Solutions has been installing resinous flooring surfaces for over 30 years. We enjoy partnerships with the best manufacturers of specialty resin flooring in the industry as well, like BASF-Selby/UCRETE, Corro-Shield Epoxies and Urethanes, Private Label Epoxies and Urethanes, and Flow Resin.
Resinous flooring from Surface Solutions consists of applying a base of resinous material to concrete, creating a smooth, non-porous flooring surface. Used in new construction as well as remodeling projects in commercial and industrial facilities, resinous flooring is cost-effective, durable, meets a variety of safety and overall performance standards as well as aesthetic design goals.
Three Resinous Flooring Technologies
Epoxy -A copolymer derived from two or more monomers, epoxy is formed from two different chemicals, referred to as the resin, or compound, and the hardener or activator.
Urethane Concretes -BASF Ucrete and Flow Resin Flowfresh Urethane Concrete Systems. Urethane Concretes have superior chemical resistance and are used primarily in Food and Beverage facilities . This is the primary environment in which urethane concretes were developed to withstand.
Acrylic (MMA) -Acrylic resin is a general term for any one of the plastics generated through chemical reaction by applying polymerization initiator and heat to a monomer. Methyl methacrylate (MMA) is a transparent, colorless fluid substance that must be properly ventilated during application.
Typically, resinous flooring is cast or poured in place through the strategic mix of materials, then cured or allowed to set, building strength and durability. Advantages include:
- Clean-ability -with no joints or seamless, it does not harbor bacteria; no buffing or waxing required
- Safety –available in different textures for a positive anti-slip resistance
- Resistance to chemicals –especially in manufacturing, automotive
- Durability –exceptionally long-wearing
- Crack resistant -unlike ceramic or quarry tile
- Design versatility -available in a range of colors and textures and customizable
- Low-cost –when compared to terrazzo, high-grade carpeting, VCT, rubberized terrazzo and non-formulated vinyl. It is more money up front (urethane concretes) about 30% higher however, over time it is a cost savings due to reduced downtime to replace an epoxy floor for example.
See a showcase of completed projects and contact our Indianapolis headquarters using the form below or request a free quote.
NEED A FLOORING CONSULTANT?
Call us now at 866-858-4080 or click the button to plan your project today