Surface Solutions hand-tapes line striping, applying it with a roller rather than a machine, and the results look amazing.
When an Indianapolis high-performance cable manufacturer wants to correct 2,600 square feet of concrete aisle way flooring, they turn to a fellow Indy-based company, Surface Solutions Inc., for assistance. They are dissatisfied with the floor’s appearance and the too-rough safety texture makes it difficult to clean.
In three days, Surface Solutions smooths out the floor using a two-step application of SS181 Low Viscosity Primer (LVP) and 10-mil SS181 Fast Set Epoxy (FSE). A protective high-build epoxy topcoat in blue gives the desired appearance to the aisle way. To add a safety component, 350 linear-feet of OSHA-compliant, OP textured Traffic Yellow epoxy line striping now defines the aisle way. The safety lines are hand-taped and roller-applied, providing a clear, long-lasting delineation of worker-safe zones.
SS181 LVP | SS181 FS Epoxy
High Performance Cable Manufacturer
2,600 sq. ft. | 350 L’ line striping
Benefits of Epoxy Coatings for Concrete
Hard wearing, durable solutions for high performance industrial floors, epoxy coatings are ideal for use in manufacturing facilities as well as food and beverage plants, laboratories and others. An epoxy floor coating that protects concrete floors creates a high gloss, durable surface that solves most challenges of industrial environments, offering a variety of benefits:
- Easy to clean, seamless and non-porous. Epoxy has no seams where bacteria and debris can accumulate and can be easily wiped free of dirt, dust and debris. Epoxy concrete floors withstand the extreme temperatures of wash-downs and steam cleaning.
- Exceptionally durable and long-lasting. Epoxy flooring systems protect concrete substrate slabs, transforming them with a high-performance surface resistant to moisture that will last for years to come.
- Attractive and aesthetically pleasing. Epoxy dries to a high gloss shine and is available in a variety of colors, textures and applications such as solid colors and decorative additives that can beautify a variety of working environments.
- Chemically resistant. Epoxy coatings protect concrete from aggressive chemicals, acids, alkalis and solvents that destroy the surface, the underlying materials and can even penetrate into ground water.
- Improves safety in the workplace. Concrete floor epoxy ensures slip, impact, heat and fire resistance. In addition, high gloss floor coatings can also improve brightness in a work area by as much as 300 percent.
- Withstands impact from high traffic. Use different colors and textures of epoxy flooring systems to define safety zones, foot traffic zones, forklift zones and work zones. Epoxy floors reduce wear on transport vehicles, allow for faster material movement, increase productivity and prevent wear and damage to the floor.
- Environmentally friendly. Concrete epoxy flooring and finishes are considered safe, non-toxic building materials that provide an environmentally friendly flooring solution for companies interested in choosing green.
- Quick, easy application. Because concrete epoxy flooring is self-leveling, installation specialists in high performance industrial flooring can apply an epoxy floor coating quickly over any new or existing concrete.
- Affordable, cost efficient. Epoxy concrete flooring and finishes offer durable, hard wearing surfaces that quick to install, require little maintenance and last for years at a price that won’t break the construction budget.
Get a look at other successful industrial flooring system installations completed by Surface Solutions by visiting our Work Showcase.
ABOUT SURFACE SOLUTIONS, INC.
Recognized as a top UCRETE® Master Contractor since 2012, Surface Solutions, Inc. is an independent industrial floor contractor specializing in seamless, polymer flooring systems utilizing the most trusted brands in the industry. As a Flowcrete STAR Contractor, Surface Solutions, Inc. is a leading provider of industrial flooring solutions for the Food & Beverage industry. From testing to consultation and complete installation services, Surface Solutions is your premier source of non-toxic, safe and environmentally friendly flooring systems, offering turnkey installations using only in-house personnel. All installations come with a complete single source warranty. To learn more about how Surface Solutions can help provide the highest quality industrial flooring solutions for your business, contact us today!