Two days of our 6-phase, 7-week, 120,000-square-foot transformation of a food plant floor is devoted to curbing.
During one of our largest industrial flooring projects to date, Surface Solutions finishes 400 L’ of six-inch by six-inch by six-inch curbing for the food plant ovens, using a Ucrete RG application. To match the curbing to the floor, the crew also applies the Surface Solutions-branded SS253 Novolac topcoat. This part of the project takes two days to complete.
For more on this 120,000-square-foot transformation, review the case study here.
BASF UCRETE RG | SS253 Novolac Topcoat
Food and Beverage
Benefits of Ucrete RG
Ucrete RG is an extremely durable polyurethane and concrete additive used to form cove bases and renovate walls. It withstands heavy traffic, harsh chemicals and fluctuating temperatures much better than a simple concrete surface. Specify it for:
- Minimum vertical/base application thickness of nominal (4mm) 3/16″
- Vertical base applications and steep slopes
- Areas subject to temperature ranges of (-45ºC) -50ºF to (104ºC) 220ºF (System #1)
- Limited downtime required; can be applied to 7- to10-day-old concrete
- Areas where no priming of sealing of substrate is required
- Ideal for exterior and interior applications, old concrete, dairy, poultry, meat and food plants, storage areas, commercial freezers, pharmaceutical labs, precious metal refineries, textile warehouses, chemical manufacturing and places that make use of other Ucrete products.
Get a look at other successful industrial flooring system installations completed by Surface Solutions by visiting our Work Showcase.
ABOUT SURFACE SOLUTIONS, INC.
Recognized as a top UCRETE® Master Contractor since 2012, Surface Solutions, Inc. is a women-owned independent industrial floor contractor specializing in seamless, polymer flooring systems utilizing the most trusted brands in the industry. As a Flowcrete STAR Contractor, Surface Solutions, Inc. is a leading provider of industrial flooring solutions for the Food & Beverage industry. From testing to consultation and complete installation services, Surface Solutions is your premier source of non-toxic, safe and environmentally friendly flooring systems, offering turnkey installations using only in-house personnel. All installations come with a complete single source warranty. To learn more about how Surface Solutions can help provide the highest quality industrial flooring solutions for your business, contact us today!